Spicy Grilled Watermelon with Crème Fraîche
Chill out while you grill out with this refreshingly delicious grilled watermelon recipe.
• 1 small seedless watermelon
• Ground chili powder
• 1 fresh lime
• Crème Fraîche
• Fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
1. Pre-heat your grill to high.
2. Cut the watermelon into wedges, about ¾-inches thick. Lay the wedges out onto a baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with a small amount of chili powder.
3. Add the watermelon wedges to your grill and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until there are grill marks on each side. Remove from the grill.
4. Squeeze lime juice over the watermelon wedges while they are still warm. Add a dollop of Crème Fraîche and a sprinkling of fresh cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
CRÈME FRAÎCHE INGREDIENTS
• 2 cups heavy cream
• ¼ cup buttermilk or sour cream
CRÈME FRAÎCHE DIRECTIONS
1. Combine cream and buttermilk in a sterile jar with a tight-fitting lid.
2. Shake to combine and let stand at room temperature until thickened, 24-48 hours.
3. Shake gently, then chill until ready to use (it will continue to thicken as it chills). Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
< Go Back